Systems Engineering Consultant @ Answerport
Location: Mequon, WI
Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Experience Level: 5+ Years
Answerport, a Management and Technology consulting firm located in Southeastern Wisconsin is looking for a Systems Engineering Consultant to join their team to help with M&A projects as well as help our rapidly growing managed services group. If you are interested in being part of a team that works on fast paced projects where your IT skills will be tested across a broad range of areas and you are willing to travel to client sites all over the country, then we have an exciting opportunity for you to hear more about.
- Consulting on both project and interim role assignments.
- Design, implementation and support of server, storage, and backup infrastructure meeting client’s functional, performance and availability requirements.
- Deployment of IT best practices meeting client’s functional, performance and availability requirements.
- Execute work plans meeting deadlines and quality requirements.
- Understand and meet project budgets.
- Prepare thorough system documentation.
- Work closely and professionally with client and consulting teams to promote teamwork, accountability, and appropriate training/transition.
- Provide technical consulting on simple to complex IT infrastructure initiatives.
- Understand appropriate level of IT security for each client situation and deploy as required.
- Act to resolve technical issues related to projects or client’s infrastructure.
- Keep current on server and storage technology through computer based training, seminars, and publications on an ongoing basis.
Experience Knowledge and Skills
- Five or more years of relevant systems engineering experience that includes a substantial amount of both project and support work.
- Strong knowledge/skill and current with a significant number of the following infrastructure technology areas:
- Microsoft Windows Server
- Linux Server
- Microsoft Active Directory
- DNS and DHCP Services
- Microsoft Exchange
- Microsoft Office 365 Services
- Application Virtualization Products
- Software Patching and Deployment Products
- Anti-virus products
- Monitoring and Management Products
- Server Products and Services
- Storage Products and Services
- Backup Products and Services
- Strong issue identification and resolution skills.
- Solid interpersonal skills in communications with all levels of a client’s personnel and vendors.
- Ability to travel 50%.
Answerport is a highly-skilled team of Management and Technology Consultants. We solve our clients’ complex IT problems with a senior-level, hands-on team. Whether realigning IT to meet new business challenges or dealing with Mergers and Acquisitions, we handle the toughest IT issues with a balance of speed and precision.
How to Apply
Email your resume to Michael Cordio, email@example.com