Senior Frontend Developer
Location: West Bend, WI
Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Our client in the service industry is experiencing a lot of growth and is in need of a Senior Frontend Developer. The IT and development team manage the entire application life-cycle of the business from front to back. The daily work is an exciting blend of custom internal web application development and enterprise solution integration. Building solutions for users and many different internal departments: Sales and Marketing team, Member Services team, and Content Team just to name a few.
With so many unique internal and external customers to satisfy, we have a wide range of exposure to different problems that need solving. This isn’t rinse and repeat development. Company leadership inspires teams to grow and evolve professionally and personally, and we thrive on testing new ideas. This allows us to move quickly and seize exciting opportunities, building solutions using the frameworks, tools, and technologies that best meet the task at hand.
As a fast-growing company with wide-ranging digital offerings, there are opportunities everywhere. Our team moves to capitalize and innovate on these opportunities in a fast-moving and positive, collaborative culture that empowers individuals and teams to bring their ideas to life.
The Senior Frontend Developer sets the standard in development practices related to the frontend stack, and serves as a key technology visionary and leader to the development team at large. This is not a management position, but this role is expected to support the development team and ensure the team’s overall success.
- Available as a key technical resource contact when discussing implementation of new software initiatives.
- Develops web applications with a combination of languages/frameworks appropriate for the task at hand.
- Helps to ensure that other front end developers are meeting team standards, teaches and assists when introducing or learning new technologies.
- Empowered to make key design decisions.
- Empowered to approve code merges and deployments.
- Proactively recommend workflow and system changes/enhancements.
- Mobile-first design. (Bootstrap)
- Applications work in all supported desktop browsers as well as mobile browsers.
- Write documentation (both formal and “inline”), often aimed at developers, and sometimes aimed at end users.
- Coordinates with UI/UX designers, as well as Back End developers to implement desired functionality.
Skills/Abilities and Education Requirements:
- Adaptability (able to learn new libraries/frameworks and adapt to existing codebases)
- Analytical thinker with strong problem solving skills.
- Cool under pressure.
- Time management and reliability. (able to accurately predict turnaround time on projects and deliver on those timelines)
- Advanced knowledge of web application design patterns.
- Strong understanding of asynchronous design patterns.
- Familiarity with CMS-assisted development.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively to meet deadlines.
- Intermediate/Advanced knowledge of version control. (Git)
- Intermediate/Advanced knowledge of development and workflow tools: npm, Grunt/Gulp, comfortable on the command line, debugging.
HOW TO APPLY
Email your resume, github or LinkedIn profile to Michael Cordio, firstname.lastname@example.org.