Senior Database Administrator
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Our client in the travel industry is experiencing growth and is in need of a Senior Database Administrator. The Senior Database Administrator is responsible for the installation, upgrade and support of the databases as well as the technical components of applications which leverage databases. To be successful in this position an individual must be able to organize and develop a project to completion, be able to comprehend complex technical topics and specialized information, and have the ability to think in terms of abstract ideas.
- Develop and manage work breakdown structure (WBS) of information technology projects.
- Compile and write documentation of program development and subsequent revisions, inserting comments in the coded instructions so others can understand the program.
- Develop or update project plans for information technology projects including information such as project objectives, technologies, systems, information specifications, schedules.
- Prepare project status reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Write or contribute to instructions or manuals to guide end users.
- Monitor or track project milestones and deliverables.
- Submit project deliverables, ensuring adherence to quality standards.
- Schedule and facilitate meetings related to information technology projects.
- Confer with project personnel to identify and resolve problems.
Skills/Abilities and Education Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree (four year college or technical school) or Work Equivalent, Field of Study: Technology focused or Math
- 4 plus years of experience in database administration.
- Microsoft Office Work and Intermediate Excel
- Proficient in Microsoft SQL (familiar with MySQL), Microsoft SSIS and other SQL ETL solutions.
- Strong understanding of Windows Server operating systems and relevant technology stacks.
- Experience in database diagnostics, tuning technologies used in Microsoft SQL and MySQL.
- Experience in security, encryptions, SSL, user profiles; experience in working directly with the database to find the root cause analysis and resolutions, and skillful in TSQL.
- Working knowledge of C#, or C++.net and Java exposure is a plus.
Please fill out and submit the application form below or email your resume to Michael Cordio at email@example.com.