IT Project Manager - Applications
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Experience Level: 2+ Years
Our client is looking for a detail orientated Project Manager with great facilitation and interpersonal skills. We are looking for a motivated analytical Project Manager with great problem solving skills to structure the vision of the project and lead a team in meeting project goals and objectives on time and within budget. Project Managers must bring project leadership experience and knowledge of project management standards to manage strategic, cross-functional initiatives. Project Managers also provide management coaching, mentoring and training as necessary and strategic management support to the operations and Executive Team.
- Responsible for developing and implementing effective applications project plans utilizing current project management tools and practices with the objective to stay on time, within scope, and meet expectations. The project manager shall define and prioritize project work; estimate resource needs, assess risks, define roles and responsibilities, track and report on critical milestones, and ensure measurable project effectiveness. Provides status reporting to project teams, the PMO, and the Executive Team.
- Build productive project teams that foster engagement in each project. Provide positive leadership and effective coaching methods which include building rapport with team members, creating an environment of trust, providing and asking for feedback in a timely manner and listening and encouraging team members to learn and grow.
- Facilitate open communication among project teams and other key stakeholders; identify and articulate issues and negotiate resolution with a sense of urgency.
- Provide specialist knowledge, training and support to the business to improve business case development, project delivery and resolve business issues.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or related field.
- Two or more years of project management, consulting, or leadership experience.
- Demonstrated experience in project management processes and methodologies, including knowledge of PMI standards. Individual must maintain current knowledge of industry standards and best practices.
- PMP certification is a plus.
- Well-developed business acumen with the ability to listen actively, analyze data, translate ambiguous concepts, draw appropriate conclusions, and present recommendations.
- Excellent communication, facilitation, and collaboration skills, including but not limited to relationship building, negotiation, influence and consensus building in order to interface with staff, internal business partners at all levels within the organization and adapt communication based on audience, issue, or timing.
- Ability to establish credibility and build rapport in an ambiguous, rapidly growing, and changing team environment.
- Ability to mentor and guide others through new processes.
How to Apply
Email your resume to Matt Cordio, firstname.lastname@example.org