Linux DevOps Engineer
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Work on a team of developers and with customers to create, test and automate application environments. You are experienced with modern hosting technologies and understand how the Internet works. The systems you create help developers work better, faster and make applications more reliable. Your work is well organized and adaptable to many different situations and you choose the right tools for the job.
You will be tasked with creating modern and reliable development, test and production environments for the software the team implements. In many cases you will work with peers on customers' teams who need help building, monitoring and maintaining these environments. Your expertise helps everyone stay focused on what they know best and adds value to the solutions provided. Although modern hosting technologies are great, you understand what's going on under the hood and help advise and troubleshoot issues with other members of our team. You prefer open source tech like Linux and Vagrant but are OK with the occasional Microsoft environment. When not busy with projects you will help maintain our internal infrastructure and tools.
- 3+ years experience including Linux, VMs and build tools (Jenkins, Team City, etc.) in a professional environment
- AWS (EC2, ELBs, CloudFront, etc.) is a plus
- Competent understanding of networking including DNS, security and VPNs
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely with clients, our sales team and developers
- A positive attitude
- Ability to work on multiple projects
- A desire to lead people and make technology choices
- A sense of urgency
HOW TO APPLY
Email your resume or LinkedIn profile to Michael Cordio, firstname.lastname@example.org.