Lead Java Developer @ Crescendo Collective
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Type: Full-time Position
Our client, a growing and innovative digital agency located in Milwaukee’s hip Walker’s Point neighborhood with clients around the globe is looking for a Lead Java Developer join their team!
As a member of the back end development team you’ll work in an agile and fast-paced environment. Collaborating with clients, the design and front end development team you will take wireframes and requirements documents and be responsible for implementing the backend using modern Java technology. You will offer up elegant solutions to difficult or challenging problems. You live and breathe software and you prefer open source tech like Java, Python and PostgreSQL.
This is an opportunity for you to…
- Build cool technology for global companies that operate in industries such as, Consumer Products, Financial Services, Media, Tech and Education
- Work on small cross-functional teams of passionate people and as a lead back end developer be responsible for making technical decisions
- Experiment with new technologies, build integrations and test out new tools that make doing client work more efficient
- Occasionally travel to client’s offices to get a better understanding of their business
- Participate in company-wide tech talks
Skills you bring…
- 3+ years of experience building Java web application
- Experience programming with modern Java using the Spring framework
- Experience with database such as: PostgreSQL, MySQL & MS SQL Server
- Ability to troubleshoot and solve complex technical problems
- Strong communication skills and a desire to collaborate with our clients and our client’s creative, front end development, and sales teams
You get awesome benefits…
- Health and dental insurance
- Simple matching IRA plan
- Free coffee drinks, beer and snacks
- Awesome office location in Walker’s Point. Only a five minute walk to the Public Market and the many shops, bars and restaurants in the neighborhood
- Free parking!
- Occasional company-wide catered lunches and team outings
Desired, but not required skills…
- Familiarity with other server-side programming languages such as Python and PHP
- Familiarity with native mobile development languages such as Objective-C, Android and Swift.
- Experience leveraging open source tools and frameworks such as Flask, Magnolia, Workflow, Solr, etc…
Learn More About This Job...
Shoot an email to Matt Cordio, firstname.lastname@example.org