Infrastructure Engineering Consultant @ Answerport
Location: Mequon, WI
Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Experience Level: 5+ Years
Answerport, a Management and Technology consulting firm located in Southeastern Wisconsin is looking for an Infrastructure Engineering Consultant to join their team. The Infrastructure Engineering Consultant will implement and support network, server, and storage infrastructure solutions for Answerport’s clients.
- Consulting on both project and interim role assignments.
- Design, implementation and support of network, server, and storage infrastructure meeting client’s functional, performance and availability requirements.
- Execute work plans meeting deadlines and quality requirements.
- Understand and meet project budgets.
- Prepare thorough system documentation.
- Work closely and professionally with client and consulting teams to promote teamwork, accountability, and appropriate training/transition.
- Provide technical consulting on simple to complex IT infrastructure initiatives.
- Act to resolve technical issues related to projects or client’s infrastructure.
- Keep current on infrastructure technology through computer based training, seminars, and publications on an ongoing basis.
Experience Knowledge and Skills
- Five or more years of relevant systems engineering experience that includes a substantial amount of both project and support work.
- Strong knowledge/skill and current with a significant number of the following infrastructure technology areas:
- Wireless Access
- VPN solutions
- WAN and Internet Solutions
- Microsoft Windows Server
- VMWare and HyperV
- Microsoft Active Directory
- DNS and DHCP Services
- Microsoft Exchange
- Microsoft Office 365 Services
- Application Virtualization Products
- Software Patching and Deployment Products
- Anti-virus Products
- Monitoring and Management Products
- Server, Storage and Backup Products / Services
- Strong issue identification and resolution skills.
- Solid interpersonal skills in communications with clients and vendors.
- Ability to travel 50%.
Answerport is a highly-skilled team of Management and Technology Consultants. We solve our clients’ complex IT problems with a senior-level, hands-on team. Whether realigning IT to meet new business challenges or dealing with Mergers and Acquisitions, we handle the toughest IT issues with a balance of speed and precision.
How to Apply
Email your resume to Matt Cordio, email@example.com