Client Systems Specialist
Location: Janesville, WI
Type: Full-Time, Permanent Position
The Client Systems Specialist will be the initial point of contact for all employees requiring support on desktop hardware, software and/or other IT maintained systems. Oversees the helpdesk system providing feedback and resolution as well as tracking of user help requests, to include, but not limited to the following categories:
- Desktop hardware and software
- Networking; printers; copiers
- AS/400/XA profiles and work management
- User initial profile setup and administration
- Telecommunications and cell services
- Special projects as assigned
- Management of patches and updates
Outgoing, positive, professional and considerate of end user’s needs as well as eager to learn new skills and adaptable to changing workloads.
Essential Functions and Duties
- Work as a Service Desk to initially support employees in Janesville and regional offices to resolves issues as requested and perform timely escalation of issues that cannot be resolved immediately.
- Provide technical support to end users on a variety of issues.
- Respond to telephone calls, email, walk-ups, and other requests for technical support.
- Identify, research, and resolve technical problems.
- Document, track, and monitor the incident in the Helpdesk system to ensure a timely resolution.
- Proactively follow up with customers or team members to verify solutions are successful and satisfaction is achieved.
- Communicate special circumstances to end-users i.e. system down time or other system problems.
- Work with second-level support resources i.e. site services and application developers
- Monitor AS/400 for error messages and ensure job queues are running in a timely manner
- Troubleshoot login, printing and job issues
- Troubleshoot error messages and process issues
- Grant access to new and existing users as directed
- Remove/inactivate users
- User account administration
- Special projects as assigned (e.g.. mass deployments, etc.)
- Cross train within group and externally
- Maintain Service Desk SharePoint portal and Helpdesk system
- Document/Update Helpdesk processes and procedures
The above listed responsibilities are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities or duties required. Incumbents will be expected to perform other duties as assigned.
- BS in Information Technology preferred, Computer Science, or a related field or previous experience providing technical support with software solutions with a minimum of 5-10 years’ experience
- Strong technical skills including database experience
- Previous Operating System experience (Windows primarily)
- Excellent communication (oral and written), interpersonal and organizational skills along with attention to detail
- Knowledge of networking and connectivity, particularly for multi-user environments
- Knowledge of Office 365 or Microsoft Exchange and supporting Skype for Business and Outlook
- Problem solving/troubleshooting skills
- PC proficiency and familiarity with various software packages
- Efficient at multi-tasking
- Good organizational skills
- Ability to work under high stress at times
- After-hours work on occasion
- Experience in a managed Helpdesk environment a plus
HOW TO APPLY
Email your resume to Michael Cordio, email@example.com